CONSTITUTION AND POWERS OF THE ACADEMIC COUNCIL
Academic Council has been constituted in the college, as per the provisions of the NAAC. The council shall remain the apex statutory body and is vested with powers to carry out the following broad goals towards the all-round academic improvement of the institute;
- Make regulations regarding the admission of students to different programmes of study in the college keeping in view the policy of the Government.
- Make regulations for sports, extra-curricular activities, and proper maintenance and functioning of the playgrounds and hostels.
- Recommend to the parent University, i.e., Kumaun University, Nainital, proposals for institution of new programmes of study.
- Recommend to the administration institution of scholarships, studentships, fellowships, prizes and medals, and to frame regulations for the award of the same.
- Advise the Governing Body on suggestions(s) pertaining to academic affairs made by it.
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the administration
- To exercise general supervision over the academic work of the institution and to give direction regarding methods of instruction, evaluation, and improvements in academic standards;
- To promote research activities, and to improve upon the research infrastructure within the campus by encouraging teaching faculty to undertake research projects; as well as to go in for collaborative research by signing MoUs with other institutes.
- To maintain proper standards of the examinations;
- To suggest measures for departmental co-ordination towards optimizing the expertise as well as the infrastructure available with each department
- To suggest measures for improvement of standards of teaching research and training;
- To undertake periodical review of the activities of the Departments and to take appropriate action with a view to maintaining and improving standards of instruction;
- To exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be conferred or imposed upon it by the administration.
Members of the Academic council
|S. No.||Name||Portfolio||Mob. No.||E-mail ID|
|1||Dr. N S Bankoti, Principal||Chairpersonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Dr. Chandra Singh Negi||Member Secretaryemail@example.com|
|3||Dr. Anita Joshi, Head, Dept. of B. Ed||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Dr. Anju Bisht, Head, Dept. of Home Science||Memberemail@example.com|
|5||Dr. B R Pant, Head, Dept. of Geography||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Dr. Charu Chandra Dhondiyal, Head, Dept. of Physics||Memberemail@example.com|
|7||Dr. Deepa Makholiya, Head, Dept. of Mathematics||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8||Dr. Govind Bora, Head, Dept. of Music||Member||9412981482|
|9||Dr. Kailash Chandra Kaloni, Head, Dept. of Political Science||Member||9411131114||Kailashchandrakaloni1@gmail.com|
|10||Dr. Kamla Pant, Head, Dept. of Sanskrit||Member||9410307057||Drkamlatiwari2016@gmail.com|
|11||Dr. Kamruddin, Head, Dept. of Sociology||Member||9411130786||Kamruddinalam2010@gmail.com|
|12||Dr. Mahesh Kumar, Head, Dept. of Zoology||Member||7409177717||Maheshkumar.email@example.com|
|13||Dr. S B Misra, Head, Dept. of Chemistry||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|14||Dr. Neeta Pandey, Head, Dept. of Botany||Member||8630391620||Pande.email@example.com|
|15||Dr. Nilopher Akhtar, Head, Dept. of English||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|16||Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Head, Dept. of Economics||Memberemail@example.com|
|17||Dr. Prabha Pant, Head, Dept. of Hindi||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|18||Dr. Rashmi Pant, Head, Dept. of Psychology||Memberemail@example.com|
|19||Dr. Ruchi Harish Arya, Head, Dept. of Education||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|20||Dr. Suresh C Tamta, Head, Dept. of History||Memberemail@example.com|
|21||Mr. Sekhar Kumar, Head, Dept. of Computer Science||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|22||Dr. S S Samant, Ex-Director, ICFRE, Kullu||Memberemail@example.com|
|23||Dr. Atul Joshi, Professor, Commerce||Member||9412327702||Joshidr.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|24||Dr. K K Pande, Engineer||Member|
|25||Dr. Ajay Pande, Medicine||Memberemail@example.com|
|26||Dr. R K Pande, Arts||Member||9837590933|
|27||Dr. S P S Bisht, Professor, DSB Campus, Kumaun University||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|28||Dr. R C Joshi, Professor, DSB Campus, Kumaun University||Member||8958811453|
|29||Dr. Girija Pande, Professor, Uttarakhand Open University||Member||8077416996||Girija.email@example.com|
|30||Dr. Shuchi Bisht, Professor, DSB Campus||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|31||Dr. Chitra Pande, Professor, DSB Campus||Memberemail@example.com|