Doctoral (Ph.D.) Programs
- The college provides facilities for research leading to the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in various disciplines such as Chemistry, Education, Botany, Economics, Computer Science, Commerce, English, Maths, Home Science, History, Hindi, Music , Physics, Political Science, Zoology, Psychology, Sociology etc.
- The Ph.D degree is awarded on the basis of satisfactory performance of a registered candidate in the prescribed course work, comprehensive viva, seminar, the thesis submitted by the candidate and a final viva voce.
- The thesis should be the report of research work characterized by either discovery of new facts or a new interpretation of known facts and theory, or an independent design and development, or development of a new instrument/technology.
Ph.D. degree is affiliated to Kumaun University and admission is completely according to university rules
Procedure of admission
The candidates shall be selected for registration to the PhD degree programme
- through research degree entrance test (RDET) followed by an interview
- Direct admission (RDTE exempted i.e. without appearing in RDET) but such candidates shall have to apply by filling the online form of PhD entrance examination along with fees within due date. these candidates shall have to compulsorily appear for the interview
Eligibility criteria for PhD entrance test
Candidate aspiring to participate in the Kumar University research degree entrance test (RDET)-2021 must have a master's degree from Kumaun University (hereafter referred to the university) or any other university incorporated by the law in force and recognised by the UGC, provided also that the candidate fulfils following criteria :
- Candidate should have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) or a grade point average equivalent to 55% marks (without rounding off) in the masters degree examination. for other backward classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/scheduled caste/scheduled Tribes/differently Abledl physically (PH)/visually (VH) candidates, the minimum marks shall be 50% (without rounding off)
Note : if the candidates of reserved category do not furnish documentary evidence/certificate to support their claim they shall be considered under unreserved category only
- As per recommendations of academic Council point number 2 dated 06/03/2013 the students who have appeared/appearing in the post graduation final year/semester examinations of Kumaun university or its affiliated colleges/institutions may also apply provisionally for their PhD entrance examination